Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. If you have PPO or Medicare coverage, treatment can often be performed on the same day as the consultation. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require a second appointment to provide the best care.
Please allow us 48 hours to check your PPO insurance benefits prior to your first visit.
To make your visit more efficient please bring the following to your first consultation:
- Your current medication list
- Insurance card and driver’s license
- Prescription card (for Medicare patients)
- New patient forms (This is made available by signing in to our patient portable (need to place a hyperlink) or can be downloaded from our patient information section if one may run into technical difficulties)
- Your referral slip (if applicable)
- If you have had blood work and/or prior tests (e.g chest x-ray, CT scan of sinuses) done pertaining to your allergies/condition, please bring a copy or have your primary care physician fax the results to our office before your visit.
- If you are transferring care from another allergist please make sure to either bring your medical records or have them faxed over to our office (eg. Skin testing, shot sheets, most recent progress notes, and pertinent labs)
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 and the adult must bring a form of photo identification in lieu of the minor.
For patients with PPO insurances or Medicare: If you are interested in getting skin testing done during your first visit, please stay off of the following antihistamines/medications (link to be provided of medications to stay off) 5-7 days prior to your visit. For a list of other medications please call our office. Of note: Our ability to do testing the same day of an office visit is based on the situation of the COVID-19 pandemic at that time.
For patients contracted with IPA insurance groups: Please have your primary care physician (family doctor) submit an authorization for a new patient visit to our clinic. Once your insurance group approves of the visit, call our office to schedule an appointment.
Please be sure to complete the following forms prior to your first visit at our office.